DarkCosmos
DarkCosmos Galaxy

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Counter Vs. Counter Vs. Counter Vs. Counter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DarkCosmos Forum Index -> -> Battle Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AABM
Life Aural
Life Aural

19048 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Counter Vs. Counter Vs. Counter Vs. Counter If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

In an attempt to increase the use of this particular Forum, I'm opening this thread right here, right now.

As the title suggests, this thread is more like a game, a tricky game that puts your brain going and makes you think a little bit in order to come up with the counter to a previously-posted pkmn.

See, if someone posts a pkmn's set (4 moves, item, EVs, Nature, ability and everything needed), it is next poster's responsibility to come up with a counter to the previous pkmn (and THAT pkmn must be countered by next poster and so forth).

Rules:

1. Counter effectively the Pokémon of the previous poster's.
2. Attacks must be definite, you can't put more than one attack per slot.
3. There is no 3.
4. Avoid Ubers.

A Counter is a pokémon that constitutes an immediate threat to the opposing pokémon, thus, provoking switch-out.

Let's not delay, let the countering begin!

Poliwrath @ Lefties.
Jolly|Water Absorb
252Att|252Spd|6HP
~ Hypnosis
~ Focus Punch
~ Waterfall
~ Return

Platinum FC: 4039-3630-3491 - Lazaro.

~
Gnaaye
DarkCosmos Leader
DarkCosmos Leader

7566 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I also want to add that a counter must be able to switch in first. For example, even though Alakazam can outspeed and KO Poliwrath with STAB Psychic, it cannot survive a Waterfall or a Return.

A good counter for AABM's Poliwrath, for example, is this:

Hariyama @ Leftovers
Adamant, Guts
252 Attack, 252 HP, 6 Def
~ Sleep Talk
~ Fake Out
~ Thunderpunch
~ Close Combat

This guy can take anything Poliwrath throws at it. If it switches into Hypnosis, Guts raises its attack to 558, thus an automatic death sentence to Poliwrath unless Sleep Talk chooses Fake Out. If it switches in Focus Punch, it can Fake Out to break Poliwrath's focus, take another hit and kill it. If it switches into Waterfall or Return, well, still no problem. It can take a hit, Fake Out for some damage, take another hit; then T-Punch it to hell.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AABM
Life Aural
Life Aural

19048 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Gnaaye wrote:
I also want to add that a counter must be able to switch in first. For example, even though Alakazam can outspeed and KO Poliwrath with STAB Psychic, it cannot survive a Waterfall or a Return.

A good counter for AABM's Poliwrath, for example, is this:

Hariyama @ Leftovers
Adamant, Guts
252 Attack, 252 HP, 6 Def
~ Sleep Talk
~ Fake Out
~ Thunderpunch
~ Close Combat

This guy can take anything Poliwrath throws at it. If it switches into Hypnosis, Guts raises its attack to 558, thus an automatic death sentence to Poliwrath unless Sleep Talk chooses Fake Out. If it switches in Focus Punch, it can Fake Out to break Poliwrath's focus, take another hit and kill it. If it switches into Waterfall or Return, well, still no problem. It can take a hit, Fake Out for some damage, take another hit; then T-Punch it to hell.

:facepalm: forgot that point... but it's self explanatory, right?

either way...

Rotom-spin @ Lefties
Bold|Levitate
252SA|129SD|129Def
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Pain Split
~ Discharge
~ Air Slash

Switching in on anything from that Hariyama's set, it can freely WOW it, Guts would prevent the Attack loss, but will cancel Lefties recovery AND make Pain Split more of a nuisance. Air Slash is pretty much the "FINISH HIM" blow.

~
DNA
DarkCosmos Leader
DarkCosmos Leader

269933 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Steelix @ Lefties or Lum Berry
Sassy, Rock Head
172 Atk, 170 Def, 168 SD
~Sandstorm
~Toxic
~Crunch
~Gyro Ball

Steelix is one of the few things that can effectively resist Rotom. He can switch into Rotom and nullify a Discharge, and then slowly whittle away at his HP, forcing a switch-out. WoW will hinder him a bit, but not so much as to destroy his effectiveness. I considered Electivire, but he really suffers from WoW and can't learn any Dark offensive moves with the exception of Thief. Thus, Steelix. Crunch deals SE damage, and Gyro Ball, though not effective against Rotom, could be good against whatever switches into him; also, it's his strongest move.

...I hope this isn't a fail attempt.
"I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes." ~Romans 1:16
Sig by Pokenerd of Pokebeach.

[quote="ShadowDarkrai"]I AM THE HEAD BANANA OF THE BANANA HEADS. DO NOT MESS WITH ME OR I AM A LOBOTOMIZER OF YOU[/quote]
[quote="CrystalHikari"]You can't tell people what to do. If they want to make fools of themselves, let them.[/quote]
That quote is almost self-referencing.
Gnaaye
DarkCosmos Leader
DarkCosmos Leader

7566 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Clefable @ Leftovers
Relaxed, Magic Guard
252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SA
~ Softboiled
~ Reflect
~ Flamethrower
~ Calm Mind

Thanks to its ability; weather effects, entry hazards or status won't harm Clefable. Gyro Ball has a measly 74 Base Power versus Clefable with STAB factored in (with a 0 Speed IV, no Speed investment and a -Spd nature by both sides) thanks to its low speed, so Crunch is slightly better against it. Clefable can set up Reflect, Calm Mind up until it gets +6 and recover when needed; and at last, KO the son of a snake.

Also, I forgot to say; no Shedinja please.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AABM
Life Aural
Life Aural

19048 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Gnaaye wrote:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Relaxed, Magic Guard
252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SA
~ Softboiled
~ Reflect
~ Flamethrower
~ Calm Mind

Thanks to its ability; weather effects, entry hazards or status won't harm Clefable. Gyro Ball has a measly 74 Base Power versus Clefable with STAB factored in (with a 0 Speed IV, no Speed investment and a -Spd nature by both sides) thanks to its low speed, so Crunch is slightly better against it. Clefable can set up Reflect, Calm Mind up until it gets +6 and recover when needed; and at last, KO the son of a snake.

Also, I forgot to say; no Shedinja please.

Is that so? Well, I bring you something that can easily nullify your whole setting-up, mwahahaha!

Ninetales @ Shuca Berry
Timid|Flash Fire
252SA|252Spd|6Def
~ Nasty Plot
~ Flamethrower
~ HP[Dragon]
~ Roar

If switching-in on Clefable's Flamethrower is the best idea ever, then setting up on her is 'just as sweet'. Reaching 3 NPs and then Roar 'er away; her Reflect would be useless, the Calm Minds would have been lost and by that time, not many things will be able to survive a direct +6SA, STAB Flamethrower... or a HP[Dragon]... except, perhaps, a highly defensive Heatran...

~
Gnaaye
DarkCosmos Leader
DarkCosmos Leader

7566 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Sassy, Gluttony
252 HP, 252 SDef, 6 Def
~ Power Trick
~ Sandstorm
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge

I would explain if I wasn't so sleepy.
AABM
Life Aural
Life Aural

19048 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Gnaaye wrote:
Shuckle @ Leftovers
Sassy, Gluttony
252 HP, 252 SDef, 6 Def
~ Power Trick
~ Sandstorm
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge

I would explain if I wasn't so sleepy.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Impish|Sturdy
252HP|252Def|6Att
~Roost
~Brave Bird
~Spikes
~Whirlwind

Because the Power Trick Shuckle is simply puny with the absence of Trick Room, this Skarmory (even though it doesn't have the EVs of your standard wall) can switch in with EQ-immunity and fair chances of surviving a Stone Edge, then Brave Bird the Mold Pkmn to oblivion; in case it survives and Power Trick's back to normal, there are Spikes to waste some time AND, finally, Whirlwind.

I know many of you were thinking of trapping me with Magnezone, hence Shed Shell.

~
Gnaaye
DarkCosmos Leader
DarkCosmos Leader

7566 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Flygon @ Life Orb
Naive, Levitate
252 Atk, 216 Spd, 40 SA
~ Fire Blast
~ Earthquake
~ Dragon Claw
~ Roost

Because Skarmory has no Atk EVs and Flygon has rather bulky 80/80 physical defenses, it has no problem switching into BB. It's immune to Spikes as well. Roost for recovering LO recoil, Fire+Ground+Dragon has perfect coverage.
DNA
DarkCosmos Leader
DarkCosmos Leader

269933 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Vaporeon @ Lefties
Bold, Water Absorb
112 HP, 180 Def, 110 SA, 108 SD
~Ice Beam
~Surf
~Acid Armor
~Baton Pass

Vaporeon has bulky HP and defenses, so he can easily swap into anything that Flygon throws at him. Ice Beam will one-hit Flygon, Acid Armor is to bolster his own stats, and Baton Pass is to shift that +2/4/6 Def onto someone else.
"I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes." ~Romans 1:16
Sig by Pokenerd of Pokebeach.

[quote="ShadowDarkrai"]I AM THE HEAD BANANA OF THE BANANA HEADS. DO NOT MESS WITH ME OR I AM A LOBOTOMIZER OF YOU[/quote]
[quote="CrystalHikari"]You can't tell people what to do. If they want to make fools of themselves, let them.[/quote]
That quote is almost self-referencing.
Gnaaye
DarkCosmos Leader
DarkCosmos Leader

7566 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant, Intimidate
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
~ Taunt
~ Torment
~ Dragon Dance
~ Bounce

With its natural bulk, Gyarados can easily take unboosted Ice Beams and Surfs from Vaporeon. Taunt+Torment is an absolutely evil combo that lets Gyara DD to +6 while barely taking damage. Bounce just for the lulz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DarkCosmos Forum Index -> -> Battle Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: