DarkCosmos
DarkCosmos Galaxy

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Growing Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DarkCosmos Forum Index -> -> Forum Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crimson
Orange Navi
Orange Navi

100 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Growing Up If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

This is, in my opinion, a relatively mature community. I enjoy coming here and chatting with everyone. However, some people do have some growing up to do. Largely, I will keep names annonymous because, well there's no need to spread names everywhere. You will know who you are.

The first thing that I'm going to talk about is what bothers me, personally, the most. Some people, again no names, do not seem to understand what subjects are and are not appropriate to joke about. For example, some people think it's cute to make comments about things like (but not limited to) cults, terroristic groups like the Nazis, and stalking (online or not). What I find so upsetting about this is that when I talk to them about it, and I do, they say they understand that such and such is/was bad. The truth, though? They don't. If they did truly understand, then they would not make jokes about any of those things. The things that they did or are doing, have tormented millions of people. They make lives miserable in a lot of ways, and there is just no reason to take any of it lightly. Learn the difference between what is appropriate and what is not people.

Secondly, and part of me regrets that not using his name would be pointless, I would like to address you Treecko and all those wrapped up in whatever you want to call this situation.

Treecko, I'm sad that you have not seemed to mature in the last two years that I have known you. You seem to completely disregard everyone's feelings and show little to no respect for others. I think that some part of you thinks that you're part of this grand game with others where they don't mind you insulting or upsetting them. News flash: there is no grand game. If you don't mature, then you're going to be very alone when your body, not your mind, is older. It's one thing to like privacy, it's another to be completely and utterly alone. I hope that you never find out, but right now, you're well on your way.

It's not a good thing to make people mad at you, or something to brag about. It's idiotic, plain and simple.

I don't truly understand what your problem with Gnaaye is. DNA, in my experience, is a wonderful judge of character. I respect his reasons for promoting him. While I have never truly held a conversation with Gnaaye, he sounds mature and reasonable.

Now for everyone else, threats aren't any more mature than what he's doing. If he, Treecko, says that you have no sense of humor, then simply say you do but it's not his kind of humor. Leave it at that. If he wants to argue the point, then he's just trying to get you riled up. Be the mature one and ignore him.

If Treecko is being obnoxious in general, and makes you mad, then just do one of two things:
  • Ignore him, giving him attenion will only encourage him.
  • Tell him he's being immature and isn't "cute," and that until he grows up you're not going to deal with him. Then ignore him.

At the moment, that's all I have to say about this. If you disagree with something, or you have something to add, then please feel free to comment.
Because of all the plain and simple masks that I see all around me, I decided to make mine beautiful and elaborate. I did such a good job, and have worn it for so long, that now I don't know how to take it off.

Last edited by Crimson on Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Drakontas
King of Dragons
King of Dragons

16985 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Thank you for giving us this enlightening post about what's been happening.....No, you have not missed anything. I think you are right, we all have some growing up to do, and need to start seeing things as they are, wether they be serious or not.

DNA: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Drakontas: LOL @ breeding song.
I guess Ditto's a lucky Pokemon?

DNA: it gets it on good *hides*
SpaceMan
DarkCosmos Webmaster

2002 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Some people are racist, you should teach him/her.
There are trolls who do things in a wrong way.

My YouTube Channel | UnitedUniverse Forums | Override Compatibility Firefox extension
Treeckomaster
Banned

0 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Growing Up If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Crimson wrote:

Treecko, I'm sad that you have not seemed to mature in the last two years that I have known you. You seem to completely disregard everyone's feelings and show little to no respect for others. I think that some part of you thinks that you're part of this grand game with others where they don't mind you insulting or upsetting them. News flash: there is no grand game. If you don't mature, then you're going to be very alone when your body, not your mind, is older. It's one thing to like privacy, it's another to be completely and utterly alone. I hope that you never find out, but right now, you're well on your way.

I am alone. I deal with it. As for you guys, Crimson and Drakontas are the only people on this forum who I'd give a second thought about what they say. Deal with it.

Honestly, I give you guys what I get, and if you don't like it, gove a second thought to what you did.

Hate you all.

~TM52

Yes, it includes all necessary organs.

No this isn't supposed to be funny.
DNA
DarkCosmos Leader
DarkCosmos Leader

269933 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

However, that is your problem, and not mine. So if it looks like I care, it isn't.
"I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes." ~Romans 1:16
Sig by Pokenerd of Pokebeach.

[quote="ShadowDarkrai"]I AM THE HEAD BANANA OF THE BANANA HEADS. DO NOT MESS WITH ME OR I AM A LOBOTOMIZER OF YOU[/quote]
[quote="CrystalHikari"]You can't tell people what to do. If they want to make fools of themselves, let them.[/quote]
That quote is almost self-referencing.
Drakontas
King of Dragons
King of Dragons

16985 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I don't get what he said about me. (Or Crims.)

DNA: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Drakontas: LOL @ breeding song.
I guess Ditto's a lucky Pokemon?

DNA: it gets it on good *hides*
Crimson
Orange Navi
Orange Navi

100 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

He said that we were the only ones whose opinions and feelings that he respected basically.
Because of all the plain and simple masks that I see all around me, I decided to make mine beautiful and elaborate. I did such a good job, and have worn it for so long, that now I don't know how to take it off.
Ninetails
Aural
Aural

568 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Wait, did somebody just ban him? Like, I see how he did that, but I don't see anything where he did something bad enough to be banned.

Edit: Never mind, I just saw the topic. I don't know what he posted, but I saw him being banned.
Inta_Xonem
Better Than You
Better Than You

8033 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Some people joke off/ pretend not to care about things like terrorism and wars because they can't handle it. I do it a bit of the time myself (not with terrorism, but with other things). I personally find not knowing is a better alternative with things like this.
With Treekomaster, I have no idea about what image he posted, but I personally didn't dislike him. I think I got on quite well with him on scarlet when he was there. (gogo magicaaaaaaaalll fairies)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DarkCosmos Forum Index -> -> Forum Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: