DarkCosmos
DarkCosmos Galaxy

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Xbox to 360 compatability

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Good or Bad idea?
Good
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bad.
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
I don't care. Take the list with you and stop whining ya little baby.
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

DialgaOwns
Green Navi
Green Navi

399 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Xbox to 360 compatability If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

My friend got some Xbox games the other day, not knowing that certain games aren't compatible with the 360. 2 out of his 3 games didn't work since Microsoft didn't make them compatible. Do you think this is a stupid idea? i sure do. Seriously, make it 100% compatible, or not compatible. I don't want to have to take a list with me to make sure i don't buy an\ incompatible game. Worst.Idea.Ever Microsoft.
DNA
DarkCosmos Leader
DarkCosmos Leader

269933 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

This is why people shouldn't buy games for XBox or PSP. There is no flat-out single standard that applies to all games and games as such shouldn't have individual standards. (And according to Nintendo themselves regarding the DSi, they're not stupid enough to not do that either.)

Those consoles fail, anyway. Seriously, are there any good games for XBox besides Halo (a longshot at best)?
"I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes." ~Romans 1:16
Sig by Pokenerd of Pokebeach.

[quote="ShadowDarkrai"]I AM THE HEAD BANANA OF THE BANANA HEADS. DO NOT MESS WITH ME OR I AM A LOBOTOMIZER OF YOU[/quote]
[quote="CrystalHikari"]You can't tell people what to do. If they want to make fools of themselves, let them.[/quote]
That quote is almost self-referencing.
LucidChaos
Orange Navi
Orange Navi

200 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Backward compatibility is an issue indeed, but not so much that it makes a company sucks. Sure, we might want to play old games on our newer consoles, however, I don't think the sole purpose of buying the new gen console is to play old games. IMO, backward compatibility is a privilege, not a necessity.

And of course, there's always other ways, although that involves modding the 360.

Neutral How does PSP fails anyway? I fail to see anything that have anything to do with this issue since PSP is Sony's first handheld. The console even provide support to play PSX games.

Although I can't speak much about XBox since I never own one, 360 have a good array of great games and hardly fail. Star Ocean 4, Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant, and Tales of Vesperia are amazing JRPGs. Fallout 3 and Fable 2 are pretty good of Western RPGs. Bioshock and Call of Duty 4 are enjoyable, despite the fact that I hate FPSes. And what the hell, Devil May Cry 4.

360 is an improvement indeed.
Yellow Navi
Yellow Navi

100 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

ShamanLord wrote:
This is why people shouldn't buy games for XBox or PSP. There is no flat-out single standard that applies to all games and games as such shouldn't have individual standards. (And according to Nintendo themselves regarding the DSi, they're not stupid enough to not do that either.)

Those consoles fail, anyway. Seriously, are there any good games for XBox besides Halo (a longshot at best)?

Are saying that Nintendo is being stupid for making the DSi? Surprised Shocked
DNA
DarkCosmos Leader
DarkCosmos Leader

269933 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Manaphy10 wrote:
Are saying that Nintendo is being stupid for making the DSi? Surprised Shocked

YEEEEESSSSS!!!
"I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes." ~Romans 1:16

[quote="ShadowDarkrai"]I AM THE HEAD BANANA OF THE BANANA HEADS. DO NOT MESS WITH ME OR I AM A LOBOTOMIZER OF YOU[/quote]
[quote="CrystalHikari"]You can't tell people what to do. If they want to make fools of themselves, let them.[/quote]
Gnaaye
DarkCosmos Leader
DarkCosmos Leader

7566 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

^^Or he's jealous of people who have one. I don't.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Manaphy10
Yellow Navi
Yellow Navi

100 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

To ShamanLord Well there is at least SIX legal methods of playing GBA games

-Game Boy Advance
-Game Boy Advance SP
-Game Boy Micro
-Game Boy Player
-Nintendo DS
-Nintendo DS Lite

The italicized text indicates the devices incapable of play GB/GBC games.

The new additions are a nice upgrade. I love being able to have a lot of fun with a game system without having to stick a game in. However, if you are unsure if you should waste money and already own a DS, you may just want to save your money. If you have no problem paying the cost though, or you still don't own a DS, it's worth the pick-up, as long as you don't mind losing Pal Park (Or not being able to play the DS version of Guitar Hero, but come on! If you like Guitar Hero, go buy a console version of it already!).

As for GBA games, if you have those lying around, odds are, you have a GBA somewhere too. Its no difference playing on a GBA or DS using a GBA game, except for the fact that the DS screen looks sorta brighter.

I'm honestly saying this cause some people don't understand why there's no GBA slot on the DSi.

As for the Pal Park, if you care so much about it keep your DS or DS lite.
DNA
DarkCosmos Leader
DarkCosmos Leader

269933 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

@Gnaaye: I'm not jealous of people who have one. In fact I almost have the urge to laugh at them.

@Manaphydude: Don't you think I know all this already? I have a GBA where the buttons are virtually dead. I have a GBA SP that is in practically perfect condition. I have a DS Lite where the buttons are almost dead and the hinge is broken. And I have another DS Lite, which I bought at the same time the DSi was released, that is beginning to show signs of wear. I kept the DS Lite because of the dongle.

And the reason I like to play GBA games on my DS? It has a headphone jack. I love listening to music in the headphones. The quality of it increases by about 3 times.

Quote:
I'm honestly saying this cause some people don't understand why there's no GBA slot on the DSi.

It's because Nintendo is an idiot. They give it all this good stuff but they forget the best part. Seriously, I believe that GBA games are better than DS games. Over the years I have bought 20+ GBA games and about 10 DS games. Of those, I retain about 12 GBA games and only 3 DS ones. I don't get DS games unless it would be absolutely necessary (read: Pokemon).

In summation:
What the heck does any of this have to do with XBox?

Manaphy10
Yellow Navi
Yellow Navi

100 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Okay what's wrong with just pointing out that why the Nintendo DSi does not have a GBA slot? To improve portability, without taking away durability. So no Nintendo is not an idiot as they took away the GBA slot for a good reason.
As for the headphones you can do those on a GBA as well. Try and find another one that works.

I do apologize we should get back on topic now.
LucidChaos
Orange Navi
Orange Navi

200 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Just because GBA games are good, the fact that they are GBA games means that they are made for GBA, meant to be played on GBA. I don't see the reason to complaint about not being able to play GBA on NDS. Heck, I don't see anyone complaining about not being able to play SNES games on GBA when SNES had a lot of good games. Oh wait, SNES is not a handheld console so this argument is not valid.

Let's try it again. I don't see anyone complaining about not being able to play SNES games on N64.

In summation:

• Newer gen console plays newer gen games. Fact.
  • Backward compatibility is a privilege, not a necessity.
  • No company/console sucks. Each has its own fanbase.
  • There's a way to play XBox games on 360 if you really need to. Google iXtreme CFW. Otherwise, buy XBox; it's cheaper nao.

Yellow Navi
Yellow Navi

100 Galaxy Coins
0 Warnings

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Seriously now back on topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DarkCosmos Forum Index -> -> XBox Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: